200158 Business, Society and Policy
1 Explain the social and environmental impacts of business practices in national, transnational, cosmopolitan and global contexts
2 Reflect on the links between personal experiences and social and environmental sustainability issues emerging from interactions between business, society and government
3 Apply concepts from a range of theories and models to analyse interactions between business, society and government
4 Identify and critique the ideologies used to justify the actions of business, government and society
5 Explain the importance of business ethics and social responsibility for social and environmental sustainability
6 Analyse social and environmental sustainability issues emerging from business activities in the context of economic, social and technological change and global interconnectedness
In preparing your group report, you should draw on the material presented in Modules 1 and 2.
1. Provide a brief introduction to the report (approximately 100 words)
2. Analyse and discuss the actions and ideologies of B, S and G in the case
3. Identify and analyse the key issues raised in the case.
4. Analyse the various stakeholder interests involved in the case and identify the conflicts between the parties and the ethical dilemmas that stem from the interactions between business, society and government presented in the case
5. Propose alternative ways of managing the conflicts and issues from a socially responsible perspective (e.g. by adopting forms of collaboration between stakeholders involved in the case, or other proactive business initiatives)