B207A Shaping Business Opportunities
This TMA is intended to assess the following:
• Your knowledge and understanding of the key concepts covered in Block 1 (weeks1-10)
• Your ability to apply the course ideas to real business examples
• Your ability to use academic business and management language appropriately and effectively to communicate your ideas
• Your ability to work and communicate with a team
Your answer should be in the form of an essay. The essay should be well organized, that is, it has an introduction, body and conclusion . The introduction should introduce the topic.
In the body paragraphs, the following points should be discussed:
1. Name the organization and briefly describe its products, markets and activities.
2. How was the organization able to become innovative? Link to the theories discussed in the course material.
3. Discuss how the two business functions (marketing and operations) would identify and address this organization’s innovation needs. Link to the theories discussed in the course material.
4. Discuss the selected process innovation (marketing and/or operations). Which problem did it solve? Which added value did it bring? Link to the theories discussed in the course material.
5. Analyze how the process innovation was implemented and its benefits.
6. Discuss the past or future challenges faced by the organization for innovation implementation.